Create an Intelligent Cart - save more with iCart items.
Lumix DMC-GX8 Mirrorless Camera Body, Black
1st in Mirrorless Cameras - Panasonic LUMIX GX8
4K Video and 4K Photo
THAT MOMENT you want to remember can occur at any time, and Panasonic's exclusive 4K PHOTO technology uses 30 frames per second in high resolution 4K Ultra HD Video to extract them as photos. You'll never miss THAT MOMENT again.
4K Photo Modes
The 4K Photo function can be used in three different modes, all allowing you to capture that moment at a high rate of 30 frames per second:
• 4K Burst - burst shooting 8-megapixel equivalent images extracted from 4K video as long as the shutter button is pressed.
• 4K Burst S/S (Start/Stop) - 4K burst recording as 4K video then play, pause, and extract any frame / photo as an 8-megapixel equivalent image later.
• 4K Pre-Burst - 4K pre-burst starts recording one second before and after you press the shutter button. Perfect for unpredictable moments.
4K Video — More Detail Than Full HD
4K video delivers a far more intense viewing experience that is four times larger* than Full HD, resulting in a much higher level of detail.
* Native resolution of 3,840 x 2,160 pixels.
** When recording videos in 4K, use a card rated as UHS Speed Class 3.
The LUMIX GX8 integrates Dual I.S. (Image Stabilizer)* for more effective results. The GX8's body I.S. works in tandem with the LUMIX lens I.S. for maximum stabilization.
* For photo.
20.3MP Live MOS Sensor
The LUMIX GX8 employs the newly-developed 20.3-megapixel Digital Live MOS Sensor that achieves high-speed bursts, ISO25600 high sensitivity, and a wider dynamic range. Combined with the Venus Engine, the GX8 achieves clear image rendering with minimum noise, even in low-light situations.
A Wide Lineup of LUMIX G Lenses
Panasonic LUMIX G DSLM (Digital Single Lens Mirrorless) cameras offer a wide variety of digital, interchangeable lenses. Many feature Dual I.S. (Image Stabilizer) compatibility when mounted to the LUMIX GX8*. Even those without O.I.S. can be used.
* Firmware update is required for some lenses.
Splashproof / Dustproof Rugged Design
The LUMIX GX8 camera body is composed of a magnesium alloy, full diecast front and rear frame. Tight seals on every joint, dial and button enable splashproof / dustproof performance.
Everything in the Right Place
The LUMIX GX8 features a premium flat body with front/rear dials to control aperture and shutter speed settings. Settings can also be assigned to eight function buttons.* In addition, it is possible to adjust the exposure compensation with a dedicated dial.
* Eight buttons on the body and five buttons on the menu.
Large OLED LVF
The LUMIX GX8 comes with a high-resolution (2,360k-dot), tiltable OLED Live View Finder which affords high visibility thanks to a 10,000:1 contrast ratio and a high 0.77x magnification (35mm camera equivalent). An optional eyecup (DMW-EC3) made of elastic material enhances comfort.
Free-angle OLED Monitor
The 1040k-dot rear monitor boasts tilt & swivel capability, making it more comfortable even for vertical composition. Plus, its touch control allows you to quickly set focus just by touching the subject on the screen.
Fast and Precise AF Tracking
With the new AF Tracking algorithm, not only the color but also the size and motion vector of the target are recognized, enabling the camera to lock on the subject even more securely.
Focusing in Low Light
Low Light Auto Focus makes it possible to focus on subjects more precisely in -4EV low light situations. In addition, the LUMIX GX8 includes a Starlight AF feature which lets you shoot a starry night sky using auto focus.
High Speed Auto-Focusing with DFD Technology
Panasonic's Depth-From-Defocus (DFD) Auto Focus (AF) technology* instantly calculates the distance between foreground and background and quickly brings the subject into focus with one fast, continuous movement. This new system results in AF speeds up to 0.07 seconds** and a burst shooting speed with Continuous Auto Focus (AFC) of 6 frames per second.
* Contrast AF with DFD technology works only with Panasonic Micro Four Thirds lenses. ** In AFS, at wide-end with H-FS14140 or H-HS12035 (CIPA).
Maximum 1/8000 second Fast Shutter Speed
High shutter speed at maximum 1/8000 second enables precise capture of fast-moving subjects, and also allows you to open the aperture in bright outdoor environments. A maximum 1/16000 second with an electronic shutter reduces washouts even under strong sunlight and 1/250 second flash synchronization speed lets you use a fully open aperture even for bright scenes
RAW File in-Camera Development
The LUMIX GX8 can shoot images in RAW-format and even develop them inside the camera.
- Focusing in Low Light Conditions - Star Light AF
- 4K Video and 4K Photo - Capture THAT MOMENT
- Works with a Wide Lineup of LUMIX G Lenses
- Maximum 1/8000 second Fast Shutter Speed
- 4K Photo Modes - Free Your Creativity
- Splashproof / Dustproof Rugged Design
- Innovative, Dual-Image Stabilization
- RAW File in-Camera Development
- Panasonic GX8
- Micro Four Thirds Format
- 20 MP
- Built-In Viewfinder
- 5-Axis Optical
- Wi-Fi: Yes
- Body Only
What's in the box:
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX8 Digital Single Lens Mirrorless Camera
- Li-ion Battery pack
- Battery Charger
- Body Cap
- USB Connection Cable
- Shoulder Strap
- Hot Shoe Cover
- Panasonic 1 Year Warranty
- Time Lapse Shot Yes
- 4K Photo Mode 4K Photo Mode: 4K Burst: 30 frames/sec 4K Burst (S/S): 30 frames/sec 4K Pre-Burst: 30 frames/sec, approx. 2 seconds (depending on memory card size and battery power) Exif information - Yes Selectable aspect ratio - Yes (4:3 / 3:2 / 16:9 / 1:1 are selectable) Marking function - Yes (in 4K Burst (S/S) mode) Loop rec function - Yes (in 4K Burst (S/S) mode)
- AVCHD (Full HD) 1920x1080 FHD/60p: 28Mbps, 60p recording FHD/60i: 17Mbps, 60i recording FHD/30p: 24Mbps, 60i recording (sensor output is 30fps) FHD/24p: 24Mbps
- Burst Shooting - Recordable Images More than 30 images (when there are RAW files with the particular speed) More than 100 images (when there are no RAW files) (depending on memory card type, aspect, picture size and compression)
- WiFi FUNTION Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11b/g/n, 2412 MHz - 2462 MHz (1-11 ch), Wi-Fi / WPA / WPA2, Infrastructure mode NFC ISO/IEC 18092, NFC-F (Passive Mode) QR code connection Yes Password-less connection Yes (ON / OFF selectable)
- Remote Input 2.5mm for remote
- Rear Monitor Type - OLED monitor with static touch control Monitor size - Free-angle 3.0-inch / 3:2 aspect / Wide viewing angle Pixels - Approx. 1,040k dots Field of view - Approx. 100% Monitor adjustment - Brightness, Contrast, Saturation, Red Tint, Blue Tint
- Image Sensor Type: Live MOS Sensor Total pixels: 21.77 Megapixels Camera effective pixels: 20.30 Megapixels Color filter: Primary color filter Dust reduction system: Supersonic wave filter
- Focus Type: Contrast AF system DFD technology:Yes Focus mode: AFS (Single) / AFF (Flexible) / AFC (Continuous) / MF AF mode: Face/Eye Detection / Tracking / 49-Area / Custom Multi / 1-Area / Pinpoint (Full area touch is available) AF detective rangeL: EV -4 - 18 (ISO100 equivalent) Starlight AF: Yes AF assist lamp: Yes AF lock: Yes (AF/AE LOCK button) Others : One Shot AF, Shutter AF, Half Press Release, Quick AF, Continuous AF, Eye Sensor AF, AF+MF, MF Assist
- MP4 [4K] 3840x2160: 4K/30p: 100Mbps - 4K/24p: 100Mbps [Full HD] 1920x1080: FHD/60p: 28Mbps - FHD/30p: 20Mbps [HD] 1280x720 HD/30p: 10Mbps [VGA] 640x480 VGA/30p: 4Mbps
- Built in Flash Flash type - TTL External Flash (Optional) Flash mode - Auto*, Auto/Red-eye Reduction*, Forced On, Forced On/Red-eye Reduction, Slow Sync., Slow Sync./Red-eye Reduction, Forced Off * For iA, iA+ only. Synchronization speed - Less than 1/250 second Flash output adjustment - 1/3EV step +/-3EV Flash synchronization - 1st. Curtain Sync, 2nd Curtain Sync. Synchronization for flash dimming and exposure compensatiON
- Viewfinder Type: OLED Live View Finder (2,360k dots) Tilting: Yes Field of view: Approx. 100% Magnification: Approx. 1.54x / 0.77x (35mm camera equivalent) with 50 mm lens at infinity; -1.0 m-1 Eye point: Approx. 21 mm from eyepiece lens Diopter adjustment: -4.0 - +3.0 (dpt) Eye sensor: Yes Eye sensor adjustment: High / Low
- HDMI microHDMI TypeD / VIERA Link Video: Auto / 4K / 1080p / 1080i / 720p / 480p Audio: Stereo
- Audio Video Output Monaural Type, NTSC
- Shutter Type: Focal-plane shutter Shutter Speed: Still image: Bulb (Max. 30 minutes), 1/8,000 - 60 Motion picture: 1/16,000 - 1/25 Electronic shutter: 1/16,000 - 1
- Playback function 30-thumbnail display, 12-thumbnail display, Calendar display, Zoomed playback (Max. 16x), Slideshow (All / Picture Only / Video Only / 4K PHOTO / 3D / Category Selection / Favorite, duration & effect is selectable), Playback Mode (Normal / Picture / Video / 4K PHOTO / 3D Play / Category / Favorite), Location Logging, RAW Processing, Clear Retouch, Title Edit, Text Stamp, Video Divide, Time Lapse Video, Stop Motion Video, Resize, Cropping, Rotate, Rotation Display, Favorite, DPOF Print Set
- Panorama Shot Yes (Standard / Wide)
- Creative Video Mode Exposure mode - Program AE / Aperture-Priority / Sutter-Priority / Manual Exposure
- Lens Mount Micro Four Thirds
- Microphone Stereo, Wind-cut: OFF / Standard / High
- Battery Li-ion Battery Pack (7.2V, 1,200mAh) (Included) Battery Charger
- Battery Life Approx. 330 images (rear monitor), 310 images (LVF) with H-HS12035 Approx. 340 images (rear monitor), 320 images (LVF) with H-FS1442A Approx. 330 images (rear monitor), 310 images (LVF) with H-FS14140
- Camera Format Micro Four Thirds (2x Crop Factor)
- Dimensions WxHxD 133.2 x 77.9 x 63.1 mm / 5.24 x 3.07 x 2.48 inch (excluding protrusions)
- Still Image Res 16:9 [16:9] 5184x2920(L) / 3840x2160(M) / 1920x1080(S) / 1824x1024 (When attaching 3D lens in Micro Four Third system standard)
- Exposure Control Light metering system: 1728-zone multi-pattern sensing system Light metering mode: Multiple / Center Weighted / Spot Metering range: EV 0 - 18 (F2.0 lens, ISO100 equivalent) Exposure mode: Program AE, Aperture Priority AE, Shutter Priority AE, Manual ISO sensitivity (Standard output sensitivity): Auto / Intelligent ISO / 100 (Extended) / 200 / 400 / 800 / 1600 / 3200 / 6400 / 12800 / 25600 (Changeable to 1/3 EV step) (Up to ISO6400 in motion picture recording)
- Still Image Res 3:2 [4:3] 5184x3888(L) / 3712x2784(M) / 2624x1968(S) / 1824x1368 (When attaching 3D lens in Micro Four Third system standard)
- Still Image Res 4:3 [4:3] 5184x3888(L) / 3712x2784(M) / 2624x1968(S) / 1824x1368 (When attaching 3D lens in Micro Four Third system standard)
- Remote control Remote control with Bulb function by DMW-RSL1 (Optional)
- Creative Control - Motion Picture Expressive / Retro / Old Days / High Key / Low Key / Sepia / Monochrome / Dynamic Monochrome / Impressive Art / High Dynamic / Cross Process / Toy Effect / Toy Pop / Bleach Bypass / Miniature Effect / Fantasy / One Point Color
- Recording - Aspect Ratio 4:3, 3:2, 16:9, 1:1
- External Microphone Input 2.5mm for external microphone Stereo/Monaural is selectable when attaching DMW-MS1 (optional)."
- Image Protection / Erase Protection - Single / Multi Erase - Single / Multi / All / Except Favorite Direct print - PictBridge compatible
- Motion Picture Function Cinelike gamma - Cinelike D / Cinelike V Flicker reduction - [1/50] / [1/60] / [1/100] / [1/120] / OFF
- System Type: Digital Single Lens Mirrorless camera Recording Media: SD Memory Card, SDHC Memory Card, SDXC Memory Card (Compatible with UHS-I standard SDHC / SDXC Memory Cards) Image Sensor Size: 17.3 x 13.0mm (in 4:3 aspect ratio)
- Recordable Time AVCHD [FHD/60i]: Approx. 120 min (rear monitor), 120 min (LVF) with H-HS12035 AVCHD [FHD/60i]: Approx. 120 min (rear monitor), 120 min (LVF) with H-FS1442A AVCHD [FHD/60i]: Approx. 120 min (rear monitor), 120 min (LVF) with H-FS14140 MP4 [4K/30p]: Approx. 100 min (rear monitor), 100 min (LVF) with H-HS12035 MP4 [4K/30p]: Approx. 100 min (rear monitor), 100 min (LVF) with H-FS1442A MP4 [4K/30p]: Approx. 100 min (rear monitor), 100 min (LVF) with
- White Balance White balance: Auto / Daylight / Cloudy / Shade / incandescent / Flash / White Set 1, 2, 3, 4 / Color temperature setting White balance adjustment: Blue/Amber bias, Magenta/Green bias Color temperature setting: 2500-10000K in 100K White balance bracket: 3 exposures in blue/amber axis or in magenta/green axis
- Recording - Image Quality RAW, RAW+Fine, RAW+Standard, Fine, Standard MPO+Fine / MPO+Standard (with 3D lens in Micro Four Thirds system standard)
- Still Image Res 1:1 [1:1] 3888x3888(L) / 2784x2784(M) / 1968x1968(S) / 1712x1712 (When attaching 3D lens in Micro Four Third system standard)
- Creative Control - Still Image Expressive / Retro / Old Days / High Key / Low Key / Sepia / Monochrome / Dynamic Monochrome / Rough Monochrome / Silky Monochrome / Impressive Art / HighDynamic / Cross Process / Toy Effect / Toy Pop / Bleach Bypass / Miniature Effect / Soft Focus / Fantasy / Star Filter / One Point Color / Sunshine
- Exposure cont. Exposure compensation: 1/3 EV step +/-5EV (+/-3EV for motion picture) AE lock: Yes (AF/AE LOCK button) AE bracket: 3, 5, 7 frames in 1/3, 2/3 or 1 EV Step, Max. +/-3 EV, single/burst
- Recording Still image JPEG (DCF, Exif 2.3), RAW, MPO (When attaching 3D lens in Micro FourThirds system standard) Motion picture AVCHD (Audio format: Dolby Digital 2ch), MP4 (Audio format: AAC 2ch)
- Silent Mode Yes
- Burst Mechanical Shutter - AFS: H: 8 frames/sec, M: 5.5 frames/sec (with Live View), L: 2 frames/sec (with Live View) AFC: H: 6 frames/sec, M: 6 frames/sec (with Live View), L: 2 frames/sec (with Live View) Electronic shutter - AFS: H: 10 frames/sec, M: 6 frames/sec (with Liv qView), L: 2 frames/sec (with Live View) AFC: H: 6 frames/sec, M: 6 frames/sec (with Live View), L: 2 frames/sec (with Live View)
- blob Focusing in Low Light Conditions - Star Light AF; 4K Video and 4K Photo - Capture THAT MOMENT; Works with a Wide Lineup of LUMIX G Lenses; Maximum 1/8000 second Fast Shutter Speed; 4K Photo Modes - Free Your Creativity; Splashproof / Dustproof Rugged Design; Innovative, Dual-Image Stabilization; RAW File in-Camera Development; Panasonic GX8; Micro Four Thirds Format; 20 MP; 4K; Built-In Viewfinder; 5-Axis Optical; Wi-Fi: Yes; Body Only
- Color space sRGB, AdobeRGB
- USB USB 2.0 High Speed
- Stop Motion Animation Yes
- Live View Digital zoom - 2x, 4x Extra Tele Conversion - Still image: Max. 2x Motion picture: 2.7x (FHD), 4.0x (HD), 5.4x (VGA) Other functions - Level Gauge, Real-time Histogram, Guide Lines (3 patterns), Center Marker, Highlight display (Still image / motion picture), Zebra pattern (Still image / motion picture)
- Self Timer 10sec, 3 images / 2sec / 10sec
- Speaker Monaural