Create an Intelligent Cart - save more with iCart items.
D3400 DSLR Camera with 18-55mm Lens (Black)
- Movie Metering TTL exposure metering using main image sensor
- Exposure Meter Coupling CPU
- Matrix 3D color matrix metering II (type E and G lenses); color matrix metering II (other CPU lenses)
- Movie Video Compression H.264/MPEG-4 Advanced Video Coding
- Viewfinder Magnification 0.85x (Approx.)
- Battery / Batteries EN-EL14a Rechargeable Li-ion Battery
- Flash Compensation Can be adjusted by -3 to +1 EV in increments of 1/3 EV in P, S, A, M, and scene modes
- Shutter Type Electronically controlled vertical-travel focal-plane
- Viewfinder Eye-level Pentamirror Single-Lens Reflex viewfinder
- Other AF NIKKOR All Functions Supported Except 3D Color Matrix Metering II.
- AI-P NIKKOR All Functions supported except autofocus and 3D Color Matrix Metering II.
- Viewfinder Frame Coverage 95% Horizontal / 95% Vertical (Approx.)
- Image Sensor Type CMOS
- Live View Shooting Yes
- Reflex Mirror Quick-return type
- Dust-Off Reference Photo Yes
- Effective Pixels (Megapixels) 24.2 million
- Auto-Area AF Mode Yes
- Autofocus System Nikon Multi-CAM 1000 autofocus sensor module with TTL phase detection
- Recent Settings Yes
- Dynamic AF Mode Number of AF points: 11 (3D-tracking)
- Type D PC NIKKOR All Functions Supported Except Autofocus and some Shooting Modes.
- Picture Angle Nikon DX format (Effective picture angle 1.5x [Approx.] conversion factor)
- Fastest Shutter Speed 1/4000 sec.
- Card Slot 1 Secure Digital (SD)
- Lens Servo Autofocus (AF): Single-servo AF (AF-S); Continuous-servo AF (AF-C); auto AF-S/AF-C selection (AF-A); predictive focus tracking activated automatically according to subject status, Manual focus (MF): Electronic rangefinder can be used
- Approx. Weight 14 oz. (395 g) camera body only
- Frame Advance Rate Up to 5 fps (manual focus, mode M or S, shutter speed 1/250 sec or faster, and other settings at default values
- Flash-ready Indicator Lights when built-in flash or optional flash unit is fully charged; flashes after flash is fired at full output
- Movie Maximum Recording Time 20 minutes at highest quality, 29 minutes 59 seconds at normal quality
- Movie File Format MOV
- Operating Environment 0?40 ?C (+32?104 ?F), Less than 85% (no condensation)
- Interface HDMI output: Type C mini-pin HDMI connector, Hi-Speed USB; connection to built-in USB port is recommended
- Sensor Size 23.5mm x 15.6mm
- Movie Audio Recording Format Linear PCM
- Lens Mount Nikon F bayonet mount
- Monitor Angle of View 170 -degree wide-viewing angle
- Lens Aperture Instant-return type
- Slowest Shutter Speed 30 sec.
- Viewfinder Diopter Adjustment -1.7 to + 0.5m??
- Live View Lens Servo Autofocus (AF): Single-servo AF (AF-S); full-time-servo AF (AF-F), Manual focus (MF)
- Shutter Speed 1/4000 to 30 sec.
- Wi-Fi Functionality Eye-Fi Compatible
- Bluetooth Yes
- Monitor Size 3.0 in. diagonal
- Exposure Metering System TTL exposure metering using 420-pixel RGB sensor
- Lowest Standard ISO Sensitivity 100
- Non-CPU Autofocus not supported. Can be used in mode M, but exposure meter does not function.
- Dust-Reduction System Image Dust Off reference data (optional Capture NX-D software required)
- Monitor Resolution 921,000 Dots
- Approx. Dimensions (Width x Height x Depth) 4.9 in. (124 mm) x 3.9 in. (98 mm) x 3.0 in. (75.5 mm)
- X-Sync Speed 1/200
- Total Pixels 24.7 million
- Built-in Flash Yes
- Bluetooth Specification Version 4.1
- Live View Scene Auto Selector Auto mode, Auto (flash off) mode
- Focusing Screen Type B BriteView Clear Matte Mark VII screen
- JPEG JPEG-Baseline Compliant with fine (approx 1:4), Normal (approx 1:8) or Basic (approx 1:16) Compression
- Highest Standard ISO Sensitivity 25,600
- Flash Sync Terminal Sync Terminal Adapter AS-15 (available separately)
- Battery Life (shots per charge) 1,200 shots (CIPA)
- Type G or D AF NIKKOR not equipped with an autofocus motor all functions supported except autofocus.
- Battery ChargerL MH-24 Quick Charger
- Center-weighted Weight of 75% given to 8 mm circle in center of frame
- Image Area (pixels) DX-format - (L) 6,000 x 4,000 / (M) 4,496 x 3,000 / (S) 2,992 x 2,000
- blob 24.2-megapixel DX-format CMOS image sensor with nooptical low-pass filter for breathtaking quality; Compact, lightweight and very easy to use, regardless of skill level; 5 FPS Continuous Shootin; 100-25,600 ISO; Full HD 1080p at 60/50/30/25/24p; Always connected with Nikon SnapBridge and a compatible smartphone or tablet; 18-55mm; APS-C Camera; 24MP; HD 1080; Bluetooth; 5.0 fps continuous shooting
- Viewfinder Eyepoint 18mm (-1.0m??)
- Flash Control TTL: i-TTL flash control using 420-pixel RGB sensor is available with built-in flash; i-TTL balanced fill-flash for digital SLR is used with matrix and center-weighted metering, standard i-TTL flash for digital SLR with spot metering
- Nikon Creative Lighting System (CLS) CLS Supported
- Monitor Adjustments Brightness adjustment
- Single-Point AF Mode Yes
- Flash Sync Speed Up to 1/200 sec.
- Image Sensor Format DX
- Detection Range -1 to 19 EV (ISO 100, 68?F/20?C)
- Focus Lock Focus can be locked by pressing AE-L/AF-L button, Focus can be locked by pressing shutter-release button halfway (single-servo AF)
- ISO Sensitivity ISO 100 - 25,600
- Spot Meters 3.5 mm circle (about 2.5% of frame) centered on selected focus point
- Tripod Socket 1/4 in.
- Monitor Type Wide Viewing Angle TFT-LCD
Review Summary for D3400 DSLR Camera with 18-55mm Lens (Black)
alaTest has collected and analyzed 29 reviews of Nikon D3400. The average rating for this product is 3.7/5, compared to an average rating of 4.3/5 for other Digital Cameras for all reviews. We analyzed user and expert ratings, product age and more factors. Compared to other Digital Cameras the Nikon D3400 is awarded an overall alaScore™ of 95/100 = Excellent quality.
- All Reviews
- User Reviews
- Expert Reviews
- Most Recent